Republic Airways Installs New Industry-Leading Cabin Trainer for Flight Crews
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161115006325/en/
The 15-ton, 60-foot-long Cabin Trainer is a scaled-down version of an Embraer 170/175 interior, complete with a cockpit, galley, two-class seating, lavatory, emergency escape slide and more. Among the facility’s special features:
- smoke-generating machines to simulate fires throughout the cabin (and extensive ventilation system to clear the entire facility within minutes);
- ultrasonic “fire extinguishers” to point at sensors throughout the cabin to extinguish virtual blazes;
- sound amplification devices under the floor to replicate the noise and vibration of takeoff, cruising and landing;
- An attached inflated emergency escape slide and working cabin doors to practice evacuation logistics and emergency protocols; and
- A cockpit with functional flight deck seats, windows and oxygen masks.
Instructors control the training environment via a computer screen hidden inside the wardrobe closet or a Wi-Fi tablet.
It is the first of its kind in the regional industry and the newest
anywhere in the U.S., according to manufacturer RP Aero of
“Without a doubt it’s the most advanced piece of aircraft training
equipment of its kind in the U.S.,” Republic COO Paul Kinstedt said.
“This investment will allow us to simulate cabin functions with
incredible detail, from boarding to gallery service to crisis situations
like fires and evacuations. Safety and training is the focal point for
The Cabin Trainer interior is constructed like an actual aircraft so Flight Attendants can perform their service routine, eliminating heavy reliance on classroom instruction. This includes boarding, galley service with full meal carts, passenger interaction and deplaning, as well as situational opportunities to practice communication coordination.
“This new Cabin Trainer will completely change how we prepare our
Inflight team members, allowing us to provide a real-life experience for
our new hire and recurrent classes,” said
The Cabin Trainer will provide crewmembers with the most sophisticated
learning environment in the history of the Company, Chiappe added. “This
will allow us to continue producing the industry’s best-prepared and
best-trained crews anywhere. That’s a high standard, but that’s
About the Company:
Republic Airways Holdings
Bob Birge, Director, Corporate Communications, 317-471-2470